The degree of Bachelor of Adult Education and Community Development prepares undergraduate students for careers in adult education and community development in both public and private sectors of the economy. It also provides an avenue for achieving the Millennium Development Goals and the objectives of Vision 2030 for national development. This programme is highly relevant in all areas of adult and community development as the field of adult and community development is continually evolving. The programme intends to oﬀer training in adult education and community development to a broad spectrum of students from the East African region and beyond.
The degree of Bachelor of Adult Education and Community Development aims at training professional youth workers, adult education planners, literacy educators, managers, policy makers and social and community workers.
The programme has 6 semesters of 8 months each.
- A Holder of Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) with a minimum aggregate performance of C+ or its equivalent qualifications.
- A holder of professional qualifications such as Diploma in Early childhood Education or Diploma in Education or Teachers Certificate (S1) from recognized institutions or its equivalent qualifications.
- Holders KCSE with a minimum grade of C- plus certificate from recognized Institution and of Diploma from a recognized institution
- A trained primary school teacher of P1 grade and minimum teaching experience of three years.
- A holder of Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education (KACE) with a minimum of Two principal passes or its approved equivalent qualifications.
- A holder of other degrees from a recognized university.
- Any other qualifications equivalent to the above recognized by the University of Nairobi
- Ministry of Education employees
- Managers of tertiary institutions
- curriculum developers
- specialist consults etc.
Current fee schedulews can be obtained from the student finance office at main campus Gandhi Room G3 or from any of our regional learning centres in Nairobi, Mombasa Kisumu, Kisii, Meru, Isiolo, Eldoret, Nakuru, Bungoma, Kitale, Kitui, Wote, Machakos, Nyeri and Embu